It had been more than 2 weeks since Jerome joined our family. =)
The husband cum the daddy has taken 2 weeks of leaves to stay at home with the wife cum the mummy. We are constantly learning how to take care of the lil one & in return the lil one is keeping us entertained by giving us all sorts of lil surprise. He's such a darling with super lots of actions & expressions! The daddy predicts that he's going to be a lil mischievious boy in future, aka "the terror" by mummy. =x
Back to 30th April...
530am: In the car with Daddy driving to TMC. Both of us was still feeling good.. Getting all ready for the arrival of Jerome!
542am: Doing admin registration. I think the aunty was in her "sleep" mode. Doing things very slowly.. Making the Daddy & Mummy a lil' impatient with her. Wasn't really pleased as there wasn't any 1 bedded ward.. no 2 bedded ward either! I was kind of upset.. as I start to worry Daddy may not be able to stay with Mummy...
605am - 630am: Settled down in a 4 bedded ward. Changed, Poo-ed, BP taken. All ready for the operation. Daddy's face was filled with excitement. I was excited as well.. at the same time very nervous..
725am: OT nurse came in & pushed me to the operating theatre. Mummy got to be seperated from Daddy. I was waiting patiently, nervously, excitedly outside the OT 2. The wait for LONG. It has been the "longest" wait ever. Mummy kept fidgeting.. Daddy was at the other side of the corridor, waiting patiently & i guessed he's nervous as well.. =)
8am: Finally, Dr. Wong came. Holding my hands tight & assured me that everything's going to be alright. With that, the nurses pushed me into the OT.
805am: Poked! Blood was taken for test for the storage of umblical cord. Needle was then poked in for drip.
810am: Spinal anesthisa was poked at my spinal. Mummy let out a lil "ouch" and funny feeling went down my right leg.. Slowly, Mummy starts to feel the numbness of the legs.. A lil joke: I was feeling my left foot was funnily positioned. So, when Dr Wong asked if everything's ok, I replied: "Erm.. my left foot feel funny.. Can you help me put in a more comfortable position?" Dr Wong let out a lil' laugh.. haha
815am: Side effects starts to kick in.. I starts to feel very nauseous & a bit giddy.. Daddy was finally walking in! Daddy's face was telling me that he's really nervous! Holding tight to me, keep on assurring me that everything's gonna be alright. And very soon, we'll be meeting Jerome.
820am - 825am: Jerome is out!
920am: I was pushed out from the OT. Fybriod has been removed too...
We are officially stepping into the journey of Parenthood....
No comments:
Post a Comment